Ever faced poor lighting when you are outside? I do not know about you, but I have always faced this problem. In the past, I always looked for outdoor lighting options, especially for my garden, that were not only efficient but also eco-friendly.
Since the garden is my favorite spot and my trees are my soulmates, I want the best option for them without harming the eco-friendliness of my house. So, I tried outdoor solar lights and lighting fixtures that turn sunlight into electricity using solar panels.
They stored electricity in batteries during the daytime so that it could be used to illuminate the lights at night. I frequently employed these lights to illuminate outside areas such as patios, decks, gardens, and paths.
Solar lights are economical and environmentally benign compared to conventional outdoor lighting alternatives.
However, it is crucial to remember that the effectiveness of outdoor solar lights can vary based on the caliber of the solar panels, batteries, and LED bulbs.
I have made my garden a more relaxing haven with the help of some of the best outdoor solar lights, which can also illuminate your house and give it a new look. You can also pick halloween lights, although halloween solar lights are quite different but can use them too.
Any outdoor space can benefit from having gorgeous, ambiance-enhancing outdoor solar lights. So, let’s have a look at some of the best outdoor solar lights that are available on the market:
List of the Top 8 Outdoor Solar Lights:-
1. URPOWER Solar Lights Outdoor
Who it’s for: It is most suitable for people who seek dependable spotlights with adjustable lighting for various spaces.
Who it isn’t for: People looking for more fashionable outdoor solar lights.
- Material: Durable Plastic
- Style: Modern
- Light fixture form: Path
- Room type: Deck, Patio
- Product dimensions: 10.55″L x 6.1″W x 4.76″H
- Operating Time: 8–10 hours
- Charging Time: 4–5 hours
The Urpower Outdoor Solar Spotlights are a fantastic option to highlight a specific area, such as your house, driveway, landscaping, or pool. When I used it, a full charge lasted the automatic dusk-to-dawn lights for 7 hours and 46 minutes.
They provide an astounding 200 lumens of light on the highest level, yet there is also a low setting if we don’t require as much brightness. The solar panel can be oriented up to 150 degrees so I can face it where it will receive the most sunshine during the day. The lights can be rotated up to 90 degrees to illuminate where they are most needed.
The longevity of these spotlights was particularly notable. I like that these solar lights have an IP65 weather resistance rating, as they were unharmed when I got them intentionally wet, dropped golf balls on them, and put them in the freezer for an hour.
However, they don’t have any pattern alternatives, such as blinking or strobe modes, and their designs aren’t highly complex. On the other hand, the Urpower Outdoor Solar Spotlights are among the best values available for essential solar spotlights.
- Variable lighting.
- An environmental and sustainable choice.
- Design for weather resistance.
- There may not be enough battery life.
- Possible weak points in the stake.
- The lights are not sufficiently bright.
2. Brightech Ambience Pro Solar Powered String Lights
Who is it for: Those who want to enhance a patio, deck, or porch with soft ambient lighting.
Who it isn’t for: People who want to boost their security or visibility and are looking for solar lighting.
- Material: Rubber
- Bulb shape size: S14
- Lumens: 100
- Operating Time: 5–6 hours
- Charging Time: 6 hours
- Weather-Resistance Rating: IP44 for panel, IP56 for lights
Brightech’s outdoor string lights have huge, Edison-style bulbs that emit a warm, brooding glow, unlike those typically associated with Christmas decorations and college dorm rooms. The twilight to dawn solar lights was operational during my testing for 7 hours and 52 minutes.
The solar panel has two simple installation options: a stake for setting it in the ground and a clip for attaching it to a railing. The latter option works well for a balcony or porch of an apartment building.
The lights are available with two wire lengths, 27 and 48 feet, and the bulbs are placed 20 inches apart. In my durability testing, the shatterproof plastic bulbs and the solar panel weren’t harmed by being struck by golf balls, submerged in water, or frozen (although the solar panel did get slightly knocked off kilter).
However, people must remember that the goal of these subtle white lights isn’t primarily to improve visibility around your home but rather to improve the entire look and feel of your outdoor environment. Yet, the Brightech Ambience Pro Solar String Lights will succeed in your primary objective of creating a welcoming outdoor atmosphere.
- Different lighting modes.
- Environmentally sound and lasting.
- Costs can increase.
- Lighting strings may be shorter.
- The lights’ brightness is insufficient.
3. Brightown Outdoor Solar String Lights
Who it’s for: Those who want flexible string lights that can be wound around bushes, trees, railings, and other objects.
Who it’s not for: Those looking for solar lights with increased brightness.
- Material: copper LED
- Lumens: Not known
- Operating Time: 8–10 hours
- Charging Time: Not known
- Weather-Resistance Rating: IP65
- Included components: Solar string lights, solar panel
These colorful fairy lights from Brightown may be wrapped around various objects, such as bushes, trees, railings, and more since they are strung on flexible, moldable copper wire.
However, people should be aware that they are intended to create a low, ambient light that serves more as adornment than as visibility. In my tests, these automatic dusk-to-dawn lights did not offer enough brightness to read a book, but they remained on for 7 hours and 56 minutes when fully charged.
The solar panel can be mounted using a stake in the ground to receive the most sunlight possible, and its angle can be adjusted up to 120 degrees. The lights boasted an amazing IP65 weather-resistance designation and scored highly in our durability tests.
One of the most distinctive aspects is the variety of modes, such as sequential, waves, gradual glow, slow fade, twinkle, and steady on, which allow you to experiment and change things up occasionally before settling on your favorite.
The Brightown LED Solar Powered Fairy Lights are sold in sets of two and are available in various sizes (with lengths ranging from 33 to 198 feet) and a wide color range (like warm white, bright green, and multicolor).
- Installing is simple.
- Ecologically sound and long-lasting.
- An extensive battery.
- Fewer resilient.
- There is insufficient light brightness.
- To fully charge, you must be exposed to sunshine.
4. Vont LED Outdoor Solar Lights
Who it is for: The Vont LED Outdoor Solar Lights are a good choice for anyone looking for an outdoor lighting system that is both environmentally friendly and energy-efficient.
Who it isn’t for: The brightness level of the Vont LED Outdoor Solar Lights might not be as strong as wired outdoor lights, making them unsuitable for locations with little sunlight or where the solar panel might not get enough light to charge the batteries properly.
- Material: Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
- Product dimension: 5.5″L x 4.2″W x 12.2″H
- Item weight: 9.3 ounces
- Batteries: 1 Lithium-Ion batteries required
- Lumens: 100
- Operating Time: 12 hours
- Charging Time: Not known
- Weather-Resistance Rating: IPX7
The Vont LED Outdoor Solar Lights is a collection of solar-powered outdoor lighting fixtures. These are made to be utilized in outdoor areas like patios, gardens, and yards to add more lighting and improve the security of your home. The stakes that come with the lights can be placed into the ground, making installation simple and hassle-free without the need for any cabling or electrical work.
A motion sensor inside the lights can detect movement up to 10 feet away, adding to the security and discouraging prospective burglars. They have a battery life of up to 10 hours when completely charged. The lights can be used outside in any weather because they are dependable and waterproof.
With a full charge, these automatic solar spotlights operate for 8 hours and 16 minutes. However, the maker claims they can operate for up to 12 hours, depending on your brightness setting.
I did a great job illuminating the dark room, especially considering the light was still dazzling and constant after the water and golf [ball] tests. These solar lights are simple to assemble and install in the ground using the included stakes, though they can also be affixed on a wall.
The light has a tilt range of up to 120 degrees, allowing me to direct the light precisely where I want, whether on a building, a driveway, or a landscaping feature. We also select between chilly and warm light based on our preferences.
- Efficiency in energy.
- Eco friendly.
- High battery life.
- Perhaps a less-durable plastic casing is used.
- Inadequate sensitivity of the motion sensor.
- The lesser intensity of brightness.
5. Kemeco ST4311AQ LED Cast Aluminum Solar Post Light
Who it is for: It works well for people who desire a straightforward installation without wiring or electrical work.
Who it isn’t for: The Kemeco ST4311AQ LED Cast Aluminum Solar Post Light Fixture might not be suited for locations with little sunlight or where there is a chance that the solar panel won’t get enough light to charge the batteries adequately.
- Material: Glass, Metal
- Product dimensions: 8.8″L x 8.8″W x 18.1″H
- Item weight: 6.4 Pounds
- Lumens: 135
- Operating Time: 6–8 hours
- Charging Time: 8 hours
- Batteries: 3 AA batteries required
- Weather-Resistance Rating: Not known
Mounting this antique lantern to the top of a post in my yard gives the area an upscale feel and brightens the light on the grass. Given that it produces an excellent 135 lumens, it is no surprise that I found it simple to read by the light of this Kemeco lantern.
In addition, throughout my testing, the dusk-to-dawn light was on for 8 hours and 6 minutes. A cottage-core aesthetic is conveyed by the lantern’s frosted glass and cast aluminum frame, available in black and white.
However, you will need a screwdriver to put this pick together, and you must secure it to the post because I discovered that it is a little top-heavy and that the glass broke when a golf ball was thrown on it from six feet up.
Compared to the other solar post lights I evaluated, this one is on the more expensive end of the spectrum. Still, it also functions as a decorative item that will improve the appearance of any outdoor area.
At last, all I wanted to say is that the Kemeco ST4311AQ LED Cast Aluminum Solar Post Light Fixture is a fantastic choice for people looking for a hassle-free and eco-friendly outdoor lighting solution as it is strong, simple to install, and has a brightness level that can be adjusted to meet our demands.
- Cast aluminum gives it durability and longevity.
- The design of the light is timeless and refined.
- Perhaps not as strong as wired outdoor lights in terms of brightness.
- Instructions are not very simple or easy to understand.
- Might not be as bright as some users might anticipate.
6. Home Zone Security 2 Packs Solar Wall Hanging Lights Outdoor
Who it is for: It is best for those who want hassle-free installation without wiring or electrical work.
Who it isn’t for: Its brightness level could not be as strong as wired outdoor lights, making them unsuitable for individuals who need extremely bright outdoor lights for commercial or big residential properties.
- Material: Aluminum, Stainless Steel
- Dimension: 6.25″L x 6.25″W x 6.7″H
- Weight: 4 Pounds
- Batteries: 2 AA batteries required
- Lumens: 10
- Operating Time: ~4 hours
- Charging Time: 8 hours
- Weather-Resistance Rating: IP67
These home zone hanging lanterns on the wall offer gentle, warm lighting ideal for lighting doorways, porches, fences, and other areas without being unduly bright or harsh. I used them at my sister’s restaurant; believe me, they changed the whole mood of the place.
Their light was ideal for illuminating an entrance point but was too dim for reading.
Even though they are advertised as dusk-to-dawn lights, the manufacturer is vague about how long they should remain on. I discovered they had the shortest working period of all the lights on my list, at just 4 hours and 15 minutes. But this is enough time if all you want to do is illuminate the road for people coming and going at night.
One thing I like about them is that water, golf balls, and freezer testing cannot harm them, which is a tribute to their outstanding IP67 weather-resistance classification. Overall, this would be a fantastic option for anyone looking for a wall-mounted lamp to illuminate a small space.
- Environmental protection and energy efficiency.
- Adding more lighting options and coverage.
- It has a modern, streamlined aesthetic.
- When positioned in a shady area, a solar panel may not receive enough direct sunlight to function correctly because it needs to charge adequately.
- Perhaps compared to metal ones, plastic casings are less robust.
- Light intensity isn’t as high as anticipated.
7. AloftSun Solar Motion Sensor Outdoor Lights
Who it is for: It is for individuals who wish to establish an energy-efficient and ecologically friendly outdoor lighting system.
Who it isn’t for: If you live in a place with little sunlight or have shaded portions in your yard, they might not be ideal.
- Lumens: Not known
- Material: Monocrystalline Silicon
- Product dimensions: 11.81″L x 4.33″W x 5.43″H
- Operating Time: 12 hours
- Charging Time: 6–8 hours
- Batteries: 1 Lithium-Ion battery is required.
- Weather-Resistance Rating: IP68
These spotlights are the only outdoor solar lights on my list that feature motion-sensing technology. They have an integrated sensor that can detect movement within a 33-foot range and 120-degree angle.
The maker claims that the light will be activated by humans, animals, and vehicles but not by wind, rain, or frost. With their IP68 weather resistance rating, they unexpectedly passed all of my durability tests, which is a very good sign.
Not only this, but these spotlights have three separate modes, which makes them even more special. While there is no motion, the dim light sensor mode lighting remains dim and flips too high when motion is detected.
When the high light sensor mode is on, the light shifts from off to high with motion. Even on the lowest brightness setting, the light was bright enough for me to read by, and when completely charged, it remained lit for 8 hours.
The lights are available in two- and four-packs and may be buried in the ground or installed on a wall. The only thing these lights lack is the warm light option, as some individuals, like my mother, find the chilly light too harsh.
- Ecologically friendly and energy-efficient.
- Using the motion sensor feature is simple.
- Simple installation procedure.
- Although it might not be as bright as wired outdoor lights.
- Not as sturdy as metal ones.
- The motion sensor is too delicate.
8. Linkind StarRay Solar Spot Lights Outdoor
Who it is for: For those looking to install an outdoor lighting system that is environmentally friendly and energy-efficient, this is a very good option.
Who it isn’t for: It is not the best option for those who live in places with little sunlight or have shaded areas in their yards.
- Material: Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
- Product dimensions: 6.26″L x 3.94″W x 11.4″H
- Item weight: 3.21 pounds
- Modes: 2
- Motion Sensor: Yes
- Waterproof: Yes
- LED: Yes
- Mount Type: In-ground or mounted on your home
These Linkind spotlights are included in this list because of their longevity and energy efficiency. They are one of the most energy-efficient lights I have ever used. The lights have two settings: one for motion detection and another for half-light at dusk. After detecting someone, the second mode brightens for 10 minutes before switching back to the first mode.
I appreciate that the light and solar panel are located in the same unit, and it is less overt and intrusive than solar spotlights from earlier generations. Impressively, the light has a decidedly cool tone.
These lights succeeded in every test, withstanding contact with water, collisions, and extremely low freezer temperatures. The ambient light is sufficient to illuminate my whole terrace garden and give landscape lighting, even though the bright mode isn’t much brighter than usual.
- Easy to employ.
- Long-term savings in energy and financial costs.
- You can direct the light where needed thanks to the adjustable head.
- Perhaps not as strong as conventional wired spotlights in terms of brightness.
- The motion sensor is overly sensitive, turning on the light unnecessarily.
- Perhaps not as sturdy as metal ones are plastic casings.
How To Choose The Correct Product?
Making the appropriate decision when selecting outdoor solar lighting for trees might be challenging. However, we can keep a few things in mind when shopping. They are:
- Brightness: The most crucial aspect to consider is the solar lighting’s brightness per your preference. A higher brightness level might be best if you want to draw attention to some time, while a lower one might be more suited to create a more somber atmosphere.
- Solar panel size: The solar panel size is also crucial when buying solar lighting. A large solar panel is necessary to ensure the lights are fully charged.
- Battery capacity: After fully charging, how long the lights will last depends on the battery capacity. So, we also need to check the battery capacity.
- Weather resistance: Because outdoor solar lighting will be in constant contact with the environment, it’s critical to select lights that can survive rain, wind, and other weather conditions.
- Installation: Another aspect to consider is the simplicity of installation, as most of us don’t have a lot of time to utilize it for installation work.
- Special features: Many solar panels have special features, such as dusk to dawn, motion-activated, and timer-controlled solar lights. You can also operate some WiFi-capable outdoor solar lights with your smartphone. Many other solar panels come with the capability to switch between colors or patterns, which can be entertaining during the holidays and when hosting parties.
By taking these elements into account, you’ll be able to select the ideal outdoor solar lighting for trees that will provide the desired result and improve the ambiance of your outdoor environment.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
- Can solar lights be installed beneath a tree?
Shade Sunlight or shade is not a problem with solar lighting. These can be used as solar garden lights, patio lights, pathway lights, and more. These solar-powered outdoor lights can be positioned in or near shadowy areas or under trees. Shade There are various forms of shade that solar lights can perform in.
- How long are solar lights made to last, then?
Typically, the outdoor solar lights’ batteries can be counted on to last between three and five years before they need to be changed. The lifespan of an LED can be ten years or more.
- How soon do outdoor solar lights start to function?
Some solar lights are shipped with a fully charged battery and start immediately. If the battery in a solar lamp is dead, it normally takes 4 to 10 hours of direct sunlight to charge it fully.
- How much light is required by outdoor solar lights?
Solar lights must be in the sun for about 6 hours to run for at least 8 hours on a full charge.
- Are batteries used by outdoor solar lights?
Solar cells harness sunlight to create electricity and are used in outdoor solar lighting systems. Batteries store the electricity so it can be used at night. Batteries made of nickel cadmium, sealed lead acid, and lead acid are the most frequently used by manufacturers.
Finding lights that can endure the environment and are weather-resistant when choosing outdoor solar lighting for trees is crucial. To make sure you choose the finest lighting solution for your requirements, you should also consider the brightness level of the lights, the size of the tree, and the intended impact.
The Urpower Outdoor Solar Spotlights are our top choice since they can be put together in two different ways and have two brightness settings, the maximum of which is an astounding 200 lumens. They also have two installation options.
I particularly value that the solar panel and the light can be adjusted, allowing you to aim the light where it is most needed and ensure that the panel receives the most sunshine.